Wine Dorks, Whisky Freaks & Beer Geeks Wanted – Hiring Full Time Staff
Two Full Time Retail Roles at Luvians Bottleshop St Andrews
As we prepare for the departure of Andrew & Anna, drinks power couple extraordinaire, we are currently recruiting for two full time positions at our shop in St Andrews, starting in September. So if you want to join the team at Scotland’s best independent wine merchant (Harpers Indie Top 50 Scottish Champions 2020) please keep reading.
We are looking for people who love wine, whisky, beer & food, who share our commitment to finding the very best in all things fermented & distilled and love sharing their discoveries with our customers. We expect all our staff to work with our customers to find their perfect bottle from our shelves, building strong relationships that lead to even better recommendations, repeat visits and the best possible retail experience.
As a full time member of staff, you will be involved in all aspects of the day to day running of the shop as well as key areas of trust like key holding and cash handling. You will assist in taking in deliveries, maintaining the high standards of display, cleanliness & social distancing around the store and work closely with all members of the Luvians team (both in St Andrews & at our mothership in Cupar) to produce a friendly, creative and safe retail environment.
We are open 7 days a week and both weekday & weekend shifts will be expected. You will be primarily based in St Andrews, but occasional shifts at our Cupar site may be required.
This position is permanent and full time hours are 40-45 hours per week on a 5 day shift basis. We operate a 3-month probationary period, after which we hope the successful applicant will be with us for many years.
Rate of pay for new full time positions is £9.25 per hour & all staff qualify for a discounts across our entire range of wines, spirits & beers.
- Deliver the highest possible standards of service, consistently exceeding customer expectations.
- Demonstrate capacity for customer engagement & salesmanship including: approachability, perceptiveness, tact, sense of humour and willingness to take initiative.
- Ensure a well-stocked store with innovatively merchandised displays.
- Cash handling and processing of great accuracy & total trustworthiness.
- Act as a key holder for the shop, responsible for opening at the beginning of shifts and securing the building at the close of shifts.
- Maintaining a clean & safe work and shopping environment, ensuring staff & customers alike maintain safe social distancing, mask wearing & hygiene practices.
- Attend regular industry tastings & in store training events, sharing knowledge and learning from these events with staff members, while feeding back buying recommendations to the buying team.
Ideally You Will
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Have an outgoing and lively personality
- Be flexible and committed to learning about all aspects of the store outside the world of wine.
- Be extremely enthusiastic about working in one of the UK’s best bottleshops and keen to explore the world of wine, whisky, spirits & beer with your fellow staff & our customers.
- Have a flair for visual merchandising.
- Have a longstanding passion for the world of wine, beer or spirits is essential, previous experience within it is a bonus.
- Have a full, clean UK driver’s license is also very handy.
When you send us your c.v, please tell us a little more about yourself:
Why you are interested in becoming part of the Luvians team? What about working in the drinks industry excites you the most? Which bottle or drink made you fall in love with all things booze?
Answer those questions and add anything else you want to tell us about yourself in a cover letter, along with your c.v, to email@example.com
Application deadline Sunday 29th August
WORK FOR US:
Do you love wine, whisky, beer or some obscure beverage we’ve never heard of (kidding… course we’ve heard of it!)? Or do you just love learning, people and a great work environment?
If the answer to either of these is yes and you’re not a thief, juggler* or general bad egg, then pop into a store or get in touch with your CV and a covering letter explaining why we just can’t do without you on our team!
*most of our stock is very breakable. Juggling in your own time (and preferably in your own home) is, of course, acceptable.