Wine Dorks, Whisky Freaks and Beer Geeks Wanted – Hiring Part Time Staff
Part Time Retail Roles at Luvians
We are currently recruiting for two part time positions at our shop in St Andrews – later in the year, we will also be looking for full time members of staff, so if a part time position currently that could develop into a full time position works for you, please keep reading.
We are looking for people who love wine, whisky, beer and food, who share our commitment to finding the very best in all things fermented and distilled and love sharing their discoveries with our customers. We expect all our staff to work with our customers to find their perfect bottle from our shelves, building strong relationships that lead to even better recommendations, repeat visits and the best possible retail experience.
You will assist in taking in deliveries, maintaining the high standards of display, cleanliness and social distancing around the store and work closely with all members of the Luvians team (both in St Andrews and at our mothership in Cupar) to produce a friendly, creative and safe retail environment.
We are open 7 days a week and both weekday and weekend shifts will be expected. You will be primarily based in St Andrews, but occasional shifts at our Cupar site may be required.
This position is permanent and part time roles can vary between 10-30 hours per week on a shift basis depending on your availability/preferences and business requirements. We operate a 3-month probationary period, after which we hope the successful applicant will be with us for many years.
Rate of pay for all part time positions is £8.95 per hour & all staff qualify for discounts across our entire range of wines, spirits and beers.
- Deliver the highest possible standards of service, consistently exceeding customer expectations.
- Demonstrate capacity for customer engagement & salesmanship including: approachability, perceptiveness, tact, sense of humour and willingness to take initiative.
- Develop existing knowledge of wine, beer and spirits and share that knowledge with customers & colleagues alike.
- Ensure a well-stocked store with innovatively merchandised displays.
- Cash handling and processing of great accuracy and total trustworthiness.
- Stocking of shelves including lifting and carrying of full cases of wine. Prolonged periods of standing/walking over the course of a shift.
- Maintainging a clean and safe work and shopping environment, ensuring staff and customers alike maintain safe social distancing, mask wearing and hygiene practices.
- Attend regular industry tastings and in store training events, sharing knowledge and learning from these events with staff members, while feeding back buying recommendations to the buying team.
Ideally You Will
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Have an outgoing and lively personality
- Be flexible and committed to learning about all aspects of the store outside the world of wine.
- Be extremely enthusiastic about working in one of the UK’s best bottle shops and keen to explore the world of wine, whisky, spirits & beer with your fellow staff & our customers.
- Have a flair for visual merchandising.
- Have a longstanding passion for the world of wine, beer or spirits is essential, previous experience within it is a bonus.
- Have a full, clean UK driver’s license is also very handy.
- Physically fit – the role require repeated lifting of boxes in the 5-15kg range and prolonged periods on your feet.
When you send us your C.V., please tell us a little more about yourself:
Why you are interested in becoming part of the Luvians team? What about working in the drinks industry excites you the most? Which bottle or drink made you fall in love with all things booze?
Answer those questions and add anything else you want to tell us about yourself in a cover letter, along with your c.v, to firstname.lastname@example.org
WORK FOR US:
Do you love wine, whisky, beer or some obscure beverage we’ve never heard of (kidding… course we’ve heard of it!)? Or do you just love learning, people and a great work environment?
If the answer to either of these is yes and you’re not a thief, juggler* or general bad egg, then pop into a store or get in touch with your CV and a covering letter explaining why we just can’t do without you on our team!
*most of our stock is very breakable. Juggling in your own time (and preferably in your own home) is, of course, acceptable.