Part Time Retail Roles at Luvians
We are currently recruiting for two part time positions at our shop in St Andrews.
We are looking for people who love wine, whisky, beer & food who share our commitment to finding the very best in all things fermented & distilled and love sharing their discoveries with our customers. We expect all our staff to work with our customers to find their perfect bottle from our shelves, building strong relationships that lead to even better recommendations, repeat visits and the best possible retail experience.
You will assist in taking in deliveries, maintaining the high standards of display around the store and work closely with all members of the Luvians team (both in St Andrews & at our mothership in Cupar) to produce a friendly, creative retail environment.
We are open 7 days a week, and part time positions are primarily weekend based, but some weekday shifts should be expected. You will be primarily based in St Andrews, but occasional shifts at our Cupar site may be required.
This position is permanent and part time roles can vary between 10-30 hours per week on a shift basis depending on availability and business requirements. We operate a 3-month probationary period, after which we hope the successful applicant will be with us for many years.
- Deliver the highest possible standards of service, consistently exceeding customer expectations.
- Demonstrate capacity for customer engagement & salesmanship including: approachability, perceptiveness, tact, sense of humour and willingness to take initiative.
- Deliver a well-stocked store with innovatively merchandised displays.
- Cash handling and processing of great accuracy & total trustworthiness.
- Attend regular industry tastings & in store training events, sharing knowledge and learning from these events with staff members, while feeding back buying recommendations to the buying team.
Ideally You Will
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Have an outgoing and lively personality
- Be flexible and committed to learning about all aspects of the store outside the world of wine.
- Be extremely enthusiastic about working in one of the UK’s best bottleshops and keen to explore the world of wine, whisky, spirits & beer with your fellow staff & our customers.
- Have a flair for visual merchandising.
- Have a longstanding passion for the world of wine, beer or spirits is essential, previous experience within it is a bonus.
- Have a full, clean UK driver’s license.
When you send us your c.v, please tell us a little more about yourself:
Why you are interested in becoming part of the Luvians team? What about working in the drinks industry excites you the most? Which bottle or drink made you fall in love with all things booze?
Send that and anything else you want to tell us about yourself in a cover letter, along with your CV, to firstname.lastname@example.org
WORK FOR US:
Do you love wine, whisky, beer or some obscure beverage we’ve never heard of (kidding… course we’ve heard of it!)? Or do you just love learning, people and a great work environment?
If the answer to either of these is yes and you’re not a thief, juggler* or general bad egg, then pop into a store or get in touch with your CV and a covering letter explaining why we just can’t do without you on our team!
*most of our stock is very breakable. Juggling in your own time (and preferably in your own home) is, of course, acceptable.